AR-15 made from Childrens Books

AR-15 made from Childrens Books
©Rossa Cole-Click Above Image To see Galleries

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Penguin of Six Pack Rings.

The Penguin of six pack rings is the 6th Sea Animal affected by six pack rings I have created.  It is made from one (approx) 50 foot piece of wire and held together with small nylon zip ties.  I made the penguin look a little sad because it's offspring are in danger from six pack rings and other trash floating around in their habitat.  I'm a little angry at pixar because this is all I get when I search for "Penguins in six pack rings":
This is Lovelace, is a character in "Happy Feet" a movie with good intentions but a little weird for kids because of all the impending doom.  Lovelace is played by Robin Williams,  I sometimes wonder if  these cartoon movies are not quality checked by the actors before they are released.
Here is what it really looks like (this is a seal):

I came across this guy's site while checking around for facts about six-pack rings, he is lobbying to have six pack rings colored in order to see them better:
http://www.coloredsixpackrings.com/
Pretty interesting, I would love to get my hands on some black six pack rings so I can make a penguin wearing a Tuxedo!
The "Plastic Swirl" in our oceans is a huge problem, I am surprised that real estate tycoons have not tried yet to buy it, it will eventually become a new continent!  Here is a quote I found at the Sierra Club's website and a link to an interesting article:
"Thompson discovered studies from the late 1960s documenting albatross eating plastic and reports over the ensuing decades of turtles chewing on shopping bags and seabirds strangled by six-pack rings. Photos of these hapless animals first awakened the public to the menace. Plastic objects kill an estimated 100,000 marine mammals and one million birds every year, including the albatross: mistaking trash for fish, it starves with a stomach full of cigarette lighters and disposable forks."
http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/200905/message2.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment